Searching the Clickbank marketplace for affiliate products that you would like to promote can be incredibly overwhelming when you first start out. There are many categories and more than 10,000 products to search through with so many subcategories, each with pages of products to choose from that you could choose to promote.
Choosing a Clickbank product that is profitable isn't really as difficult as you might think when you first examine Clickbank, just so long as you know exactly what to look for when you are examining the products and deciding which one to promote.
Just follow these 6 steps for selecting a great Clickbank product :
1. Choose a Niche
The first thing you need to do is determine the niche you are going to promote. The niche should be something that you have an interest or a general knowledge in, like possibly a hobby . That way you have your own unique knowledge from your experiences which you can use for marketing the product or products you decide to promote. Once you have determined which niche you are going to promote in, go to the Clickbank Marketplace and locate the category where your niche is and look at the list of products.
2. The SalesPage & Sales Letter
The first thing you need to look at is the merchant's salespage for the product you are considering promoting.
Sales letter should consists :
* A solid, enticing headline that will draw people in and make them want to read the rest of the sales letter?
* A good body copy that is interesting and to the point. One that will keep people wanting to read the whole sales letter.
* It should contain strong bullet points that catch the readers attention and outline the benefits of the product.
* Testimonials. A lack of testimonials creates a lack of trust in the product, so it probably won't convert as well as a product that includes testimonials.
* The product should also have powerful bonuses that make the decision appear to be a no brainer because of their incredible value.
* A compelling call to action that encourages the reader to take action (and become a customer).
* A time sensitive offer, such as a discount for a short period of time, or a limited number of bonuses. This is a great bonus because it creates a sense of urgency so people are rushed to make a decision before they lose the bonuses or the price goes up. This is not a necessity, but it does create a higher conversion rate, so it is definitely something you should look for.
* Eye-catching graphics. This just makes it look more professional, but it is not necessary. If the product contains everything else, but not very good graphics, it is still most likely a great product.
3. Quality of Product
If you are going to promote a product, it is much easier to convince other people that it is a great product if you personally believe it is a great product. Now, this doesn't mean you should go and buy every product you are considering promoting.
Instead, all you have to do is contact the merchant and request a copy of the product or a review copy so that you can better promote their product. If you have a decent track record, most product owners will be happy to hand you a free copy so that you can make more sales. Once you have a copy, try out the product. Discover its good points and its poor points. Determine the overall quality of the product.
If the product is a piece of junk, then obviously you don't want to promote it. If it is a good quality item, then you can check off #2. Now, if the product owner will not give you a copy and you don't want to purchase a copy, then just read very carefully through the sales page to get a really good idea about what the product includes and how good it is. Then Google reviews for that product to see what other people have to say about it. If it looks good, then go with it. If you find a lot of bad reviews though, you might want to find a different product.
4. Commission Payouts
You need to check the commission percentage of the product and see if it is worth promoting. You want to be sure that you are going to actually make a profit from your efforts. Generally you do not want to promote a product that pays below $20. Also, I generally tend to stay away from some of the bigger items that pay a couple hundred dollars, because those generally have very high competition, as many people think that they are obviously the most profitable products to promote. (but you will not fall for that, right?)
The trick is to find something somewhere in between the two, something that pays a good amount, but not so much that there is a large amount of competition from other affiliates.
The gravity shows how well the product is selling. The higher the gravity, the better the product is selling. But beware: higher gravity means that there are probably a lot of people promoting it, meaning you will have a lot of competition, so it may be harder for you personally to get the sales.
I tend to try to find products that are above 50, but below 150. An exception would be if a product has just been released, then the gravity might be very low, so if it still meets all the other criteria, then it could still be ok to promote.
6. % Referred
This tells you what percent of the sales the merchant makes are from affiliates. If this is at 90% then it means affiliates are doing well selling this product, but it also means there is probably a lot of competition. Generally you want a percent referred of between 50% and 75-80%. Below that means affiliates aren't doing well with it, and above that means that affiliates are probably doing too well, and you came too late.
If the product you are examining meets all the above criteria, then one more thing you can do to really make sure that it is the perfect product to promote, is to do a couple of Google and Yahoo! searches and find out if anyone is promoting the product you just examined. If there is no one promoting it, then that is a red flag, and you should drop it. (Although if it meets the above criteria that should definitely not happen)
If there are pages and pages of ads from other affiliates, then that is also a red flag. But if there are a few people promoting it, then that means it is profitable, and there is not a ton of competition. A perfect product!
If you simply follow these 6 simple steps, you will be able to pick a winning affiliate product in no time flat !